Let's see the surroundings in Sopron together, either in Hungary or abroad.
Let's see nearby sights from the Pan-European Memorial Place to Pannonhalma, from Eisenstadt to Vienna.
Mountain church: first it used to be the church of Pauline, than of Carmelite monks. Originally a Gothic one.
Miner's museum: An exhibition recalling the past of the first and deepest coal mine of Hungary.
Sopronpuszta, Páneurópai Piknik Emlékhely
This place was the scene of the Paneuropean Picnic on 19 August 1989. The events of the time and the opening of the border on 10 October due to a Government decision launched the process of the demolition of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.
Border-crossing for pedestrians.
Baroque church of the parish and a Calvary.
It is one of the smallest towns of Hungary. The castle built in the 13th century was named after the captain Miklós Jurisics who, with the help of the inhabitants, was successful to stop the Turkish army marching against Vienna in 1532. The guild trade, commerce, vine and wine production and schools of the town have a long past. The town centre within the town walls which are to be seen at several places up to this day was avoided by the storms of the history so houses on Jurisics tér and in the nearby streets managed to keep their original form.
Medicinal Bath of Bük
Bükfürdő is situated 45 km from Sopron. Being the 2nd largest medicinal bath of the country, it welcomes its guests who wish to bath with 26 pools (being medicinal, thermal and of drinking water). Its thermal wells provide us with a medicinal water of excellent curing qualities, containing alkali elements and hydrogene-carbonate, of 55°C the fluoride, iodide and iron contents of which is also important.
Church of the parish: the frescos of Maulbertsch, famous Austrian Baroque painter, and the main work of the artist
Georgikon village museum: the presentation of old agricultural tools
Museum of the Balaton: exhibitions of local history and the Balaton
Cistercian Abbey: founded in 1182 by King Béla III. The church and cloister from the Middle Ages was destroyed by the Turkish. Buildings which still can be seen were built in the 18th century. The cloister functions now as a library and a museum and is surrounded by a botanical garden. Frescos of the church were recently restored in their original form and, before, they used to be covered with paint.
The village is the birthplace of the world famous Herend porcelain. A The forerunner of the Herend Porcelain Manufacture was founded by Vince Stingl in 1826. The manufacture was purchased in 1839 by Mór Farkasházy-Fischer and it was him to make the manufacture and the porcelain production flourish.
Built on seven hills, Veszprém is often referred to as town of the queens: its historical and architectural monuments originate from the age of the occupation of Hungary. It became the town of the queens due to Gisella, the wife of King Saint Stephen, and a major centre of the Catholic Church due to the episcopacy founded here in 1001.
Csehország - Cesky Krumlov
Nice old parts from the old town and a huge castle with a beautiful garden.