Make a pilgrimage from Saint Michael’s town, Get to know famous pilgrimage sites of the region.
Hospitality with heart & soult at Hotel Sopron.
Prices provided for a minimum of 20 persons and for minimum 2 nights.
The participation fee includes the costs of accommodation and the above mentioned catering, the costs of the guide in Sopron and on the 2nd day for the whole day, the cost of wine tasting and music service to the dinner on the second day.
The participation fee does not include eventual bus costs and the costs of the facultative programmes.
The 21st person is placed in a double room and catered for free.
|Single room||61,23 €/prs/nights|
|Standard double room||43,68 €/prs/nights|
|Premium Style double room||54,21 €/prs/nights|
|Premium View double room||55,96 €/prs/nights|
Itinerary 1. Sopron – Mariazell – Sopron
Mariazell town in the land Steiermark in Austria,one of the best known Maria-shrines, famous place of pilgrimage. 1983 Pope John Paul II visited the town On the 850th anniversary of the town Pope Benedict XVI pilgrimized here on September 8 2007.
Itinerary 2. Sopron – Abbey of Melk – Austrian Danube Bend – Sopron
Melk (visiting one of the most significant and beautiful wonders of Austria, the ancient Benedictine Abbey, the price does not include the entrance fee) – Dürnstein (a unique meeting of traditions and beauty in the town granted the Europe Award, being part of the world heritage) – Krems (the exploration of the unique and magical city centre).
Itinerary 3. Sopron – Loretto – Eisenstadt – Sopron
Loretto its church has been a famous place of pilgrimage. It statue of pilgrimage was brought by its advowee Rudolph Stotzingen from Loreto in Italy in 1644-ben, as the copy of the Loreto statue of pilgrimage. According to the legend the house of the Holy Family had been brought to Loreto by angels. At the place where earlier the Gothic Chappel of Saint John built in 1431 stood, the advowee had a new chappel built Today a Mary Column with a relief can be found at its place.
Eisenstadt regional capital of the land Burgenland in Austria. Oldest part of Bergkirche is the chappel system, built in the authority of Duke Paul Esterházy between 1701 and 1711. In the chappels connecting the corridors life-sized statues symbolize Christ’s suffering. Central part of the Bergkirche is the Church of Visitation, which was built 1803. In the mausoleum built 1923 the composer Joseph Haydn is burried.
Itinerary 4. Sopron – Pannonhalma – Győr – Sopron
- Bedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma one of the most distinguished memorial sites of the Hungarian history, centre of church- and of art-history, part of World’S Cultural Heritage. 1996 the Abbey celebrated its thousand years’ anniversary, on which occasion Pope John Paul II visited
- the city of Győr and Pannonhalma.
- Győr is the third richest settlement on monuments in Hungary, an important religious centre t the same time. See of the Catholic Church, that of the Lutheran Church’s Bishop and that of the Unitarian Church District Transdanubia North. Its church buildings are treasures, which take church history of the locals back to the times of King Saint Stephen.
- Church memorials:
- Basilica: At the end of the 14. century bishop János Héderváry (1386-1415) had a gothic chapell built in the south part of the church, where today the Bust of king Saint Ladislaus and the tomb of bishop Blessed Vilmos Apor can be found.
- Bust of King Saint Ladislaus: After the Sacred Crown and the Sacred Right Arm it is the third most significant sacral memory of Hungary.
- Painting of the Weeping Madonna: Walter Lynch Irish bishop had the painting escaped 1655 from Ireland to Győr, which weeped March 17 1697 on Saint Patrick’s Day blood. A beautiful Baroque altar was erected to the painting 1767 by the Count Ferenc Zichy Bishop.
|Local tax||+450HUF/pers/night||above the age of 18|
|Single room||+21€ /pers/night|
|Standard Double room||instead of +6€/pers./night
only just gratis
|Double room with a tub in the bath, partially with air conditioning.|
|Premium Style Double room||+12€ /pers. /night||Modern, renewed rooms for 2 people
with air conditioning and shower in bath.
|Premium View Double room||+14€ /pers. /night||Modern, renewed, air conditioned room for two people with shower in bath and balcony, offers a magnificent view over the historic centre of the town|
Valid except of the highlighted seasons and public holidays.
You can take advantage of this offer depending on the occupancy of the hotel, and only for 2 rooms per reservation. The discounts are not reducible, from the discounted prices we are not able to give more discount
|Kékfrankos Törzsvendég Program|
Sopron, a KÉKfrankos Fővárosa és a Hotel Sopron szeretettel (vissza)várja Önt! Gyűjtse a KÉKfrankosokat, és éjszakázzon térítésmentesen a Hotel Sopronban!
Our newly designed, cosy and air-conditioned apartments await you in quiet surroundings, in the heart of the former Ponzichter-quarter and guarantee you 100% relaxation.